BLM FIXED FEE INTERVIEW SCHEME
• 30 minute consultation - £90 plus VAT
• 60 minute consultation - £150 plus VAT
BLM FIXED FEE DIVORCE SCHEME
• PETITIONERS £450* + VAT + disbursements
• RESPONDENTS £300* + VAT + disbursements
* plus court expenses
THE BLM LEGAL ASSISTANCE PLUS SCHEME (“BLM Laps”)
“BLM Laps” (legal advice and assistance payment scheme) is an internal fixed fee private paying family law scheme to replace the LAA Legal Help Scheme and to assist those who would otherwise have qualified for Legal Help. Except in relation to divorce, the scheme is a pre-issue scheme.
Each client who is accepted under the scheme will be entitled to have instructions confirmed, 2 substantive letters out (a substantive letter is one which makes a detailed proposal, a detailed counter proposal or gives a detailed reason for rejecting or modifying a proposal) and follow up telephone calls regarding letters in.
Clients must either prove that they are in receipt of a “passport benefit”, or satisfy the current LAA Legal Help means test, or show that they are in receipt of a “low income”. They will be required to pay half the fees on account and the balance 28 days later. The service will include submission of an application for full legal aid, for those who qualify. Confirmation of instructions letter MUST be signed and returned before work is commenced.
All fees are exclusive of vat.
|CONTACT||DV Warning Ltr||CONSENT ORDER|
|LEVEL 1||Passport Benefit||£165||£330||£225||£330||£165||£330|
|LEVEL 2||LAA Means Test||£255||£408||£270||£405||£180||£360|
|LEVEL 3||Low Income||£270||£432||£315||£480||£220||£480|
|LEVEL 4||By Agreement||£300||£450||£350||£550||£220||£500|
Passport Benefit - proof of receipt of any of the state benefits which automatically give entitlement to Legal Help
LAA Means Test - the LAA online calculator confirms entitlement to Legal Help
Low Income - proof of annual income of below £18k
Deeds - separation deeds where terms are already agreed and change of name deeds
Consent Orders - where there is a written memorandum of agreement following mediation
BLM REFLECT LEGAL (PAY AS YOU GO SCHEME)
|Service||Admin Fee||Rates||Payment Terms||Notice For
|Face to face
|£250||Hrly + 20%||28 days||14 days||Legal aid rates to those on passport benefits|
|£500||Hrly + 20%||28 days||28 days|
BLM FIXED FEE INJUNCTION/CHILDREN ACT SCHEME
• Preparation of application, evidence in
Support and issue proceedings - £385
• Attendance at Ex Parte Hearing - £350
• Collect Order and Arrangement of Service - £60
• Attendance at Directions Appointment - £350
• Attendance at Final Hearing (uncontested) - £500
• Attendance at Final Hearing (contested) - £840 per day
• * Plus court expenses and disbursements
• vat is to be added to all prices quoted
• disbursements are not included in the prices quoted. Disbursements must be paid separately
• minimum of 50% on account and balance to be paid at conclusion of work. Where possible 100% of fees should be paid on account
If you prefer to engage us on a full retainer where we go on the Court record, we will agree a payment on account “budget” and payment plan with you. Our rates start at £90 plus VAT
Bastian Lloyd Morris LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership and is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Registered in England under company no: OC329737.